READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY!
UNDERSTAND THEM COMPLETELY AND GO OVER THEM WITH YOUR CHILDREN.THEY WILL BE ENFORCED.
- USE OF THE POOL
- The Pool Opening and Closing Dates are determined each year by the governing Board of Directors, and will typically be mid May thru mid October. Pool is open daily: 9 am - 9 pm
- Note that the Swim Club is host to the Walnut Heights Swim Team that will typically use the pool between 7:30 am and 1:30 pm Monday - Friday. The Swim Team schedule is established by the Swim Team Board, as approved by the Swim Club Board, at the beginning of each swim season.
- Pool gates are to be closed and locked at all times. It is the responsibility of every member to ensure that the gates are closed and locked; with the exception during swim team practice and home swim team meets.
Admission to the facility is by member key.
- Upon entering the pool every member must sign the gate book and include their name and key number.
- All Guests (see Section III) must be accompanied by a pool member and both must sign in the gate book.
- One key per family - no duplications - replacement charge is $25.00 and is non-refundable.
- The exception is during swim team practice and home swim team meets.
Use of the facility, when open, is available to member families with these exceptions:
- Members and guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an Adult member (who is at least 18 years of age) when a lifeguard is not on duty.
- ONLY when the lifeguard is on duty, members 11 years and older who have passed the swim test conducted by the lifeguard, and whose name is on file in the gate book, may use the pool or facility without an accompanying adult.
- All swimmers under the age of 16 must have a swimming companion in the pool (buddy system) when a lifeguard is not on duty.
- The small pool is for the use of NON-SWIMMERS, 6 years of age and under, and must be accompanied by an adult.
Lifeguard hours will be established prior to each season by the Swim Club Board. Lifeguarding typically begins on weekends Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend. Beginning on the last day of school, lifeguard hours are 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Saturday and Sunday and 2:00 pm - 6 pm Monday through Friday. When going off duty, the Lifeguard will clear the pool of all children who are under 16 years of age with the exception of those swimmers accompanied by an adult member.
NOTE:Lifeguard hours are subject to minor variations, and will be posted at the pool as they arise.
- SAFETY & MEMBERSHIP COURTESY
Safety is the responsibility of all members. Members must respond accordingly if observing an unsafe, or a potentially unsafe act.
- There shall be NO running, pushing, dunking or throwing people into the pool.
- Tampering with pool property or unauthorized handling of pool operational equipment and supplies is not permitted. Damage resulting from any such tampering will be the sole responsibility of said member or their guest.
- Only one person at a time may be on the diving board. Multiple spring jumping is not allowed on the diving board. Jumping or diving off the sides of the board into the pool is not permitted.
- When lifeguard is not on duty, the Buddy System should be used for all adult members.
- Swimming equipment is limited to fins, goggles, masks and similar equipment. The use of balls or other play toys must not interfere with the enjoyment of other members and guests.
- Pool lights must be on for evening swimming.
- Only authorized personnel are allowed in the pump house or team room.
- Persons should be suitably dressed for sunning and swimming when in the pool enclosure.
- Members shall be expected to use common decency, good manners, orderly conduct and show regard for one another. Club members with small children should not expect Lifeguards to manage their childâ€™s behavior. Foul language will not be tolerated.
- Roof access is limited to the lifeguard or facility maintenance personnel. Children are not allowed to play in bathrooms and must not climb on toilets.
- NO BIKES, SKATEBOARDS OR SCOOTERS ARE ALLOWED ON THE POOL DECK, except to WALK them to the bike rack area.
- Parking spaces are provided in the parking lot, and parallel parking is allowed on street.
- GUEST PRIVILEGES
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Guests shall be accompanied by a Club member 16 years or older. Each adult Club member may bring no more than 2 guests. If member wishes to bring more guests than Guest Privileges allow, please contact the Swim Club Secretary and submit a check for $50 if less than 20 guests, and $75 if 21 - 40 guests. If member wishes to reserve the picnic/upper deck area, please refer to Section VI.
- When lifeguard is on duty, members 11 years or older without an adult family Club member, may bring no more than 2 guests provided that the guest(s) are 11 years or older and competent swimmers. These guests must be personally introduced to the Lifeguard, who may require proof that the guest is a competent swimmer.
- Please see Section VI GROUP FUNCTIONS when a member wishes to bring more than 2 guests.
- HEALTH RULES
- The governing rules of the State Board of Health prevail at all times. A copy is posted on the bulletin board.
- Everyone is required to remove pins and combs from hair.
- No pets allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premises with the exception of special events that have been approved by the Board of Directors.
- Food is allowed at the facility and all members and guests are responsible for clean up.
- No glass or breakable containers are allowed in the pool deck area.
- No loud music.
- No one with an open sore or cut, or wearing a bandage, may use the pool except with approval of the Lifeguard.
- All non-potty trained swimmers must wear swim diapers at all times.
- ENFORCEMENT OF RULES
Adult members are responsible to enforce all pool rules, unless a Lifeguard is on duty.
- It is the duty of the Lifeguard to enforce all rules concerning conduct, safety and welfare of members and their guests. It is also the responsibility of the Lifeguard to put into effect any measures deemed necessary for the protection and general welfare of the members and guests.
- The Pool Manager shall support the Lifeguard in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities.
- The Lifeguard has the authority to bar any person from the pool and/or premises who fails to cooperate. In the event of repeated infractions, the Lifeguard will notify the Board of Directors for appropriate action.
- Parents are required to familiarize their children with the pool rules and whether present or not, are responsible for their children at all times when using the pool facilities.
- Serious or repeated violation of pool rules will be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors who will determine the appropriate action necessary, including and up to termination of membership, and prorated refund of any associated fees.
- USE OF THE PICNIC AREA/COVERED UPPER DECK
- If not reserved by another member, (See Section VI-B) the picnic area/covered upper deck may be used by any member and their guests on a first come first serve basis. Please share BBQâ€™s if needed.
- Members who wish to bring more guests than the guest privileges allow in Section III above, please refer to Section B. below:
RESERVATIONS FOR GROUP FUNCTIONS:
- For our members who wish to reserve the picnic area and covered upper deck for small groups, such as birthday parties, please see our web page here
- DAILY USE: